What is Test to Release?
When entering the UK from a country that is not on the government’s travel corridor list, you now need to self-isolate for 10 days. Test to release is a government scheme that allows you to end your self-isolation early if you present a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test result. Biogroup Laboratory are an approved provider of these tests.
This test must be done at least five days after your arrival to the UK.
You will be allowed to travel to the test centre to take your RT-PCR test.
- You can consult the government’s list here.
- For more information click here.
You will need a reference number in order to participate in the Test to Release Scheme. This reference number can only be obtained by booking an appointment.
As of February 15th, people travelling to the United Kingdom from outside the Common Travel Area and not travelling from a red list country must:
- Self-isolate for 10 days;
- Take a compulsory RT-PCR home test on day 2 and on day 8 of their self-isolation;
- Follow National Lockdown Rules.
Please see further information here.